Last updated November 25, 2020
We are committed to protecting your privacy online. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect your personal information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time by changing it on the Website. When we make a material change to this Policy, we will provide a prominent notice, e.g., by providing a notice on the Website or by sending you an email. The policy was last updated is noted at the top of this page.
Personal Information We May Collect from You
We may collect and process the following personal information about you, including:
- Information (such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, occupation, how you heard of us) that you provide by purchasing the products on the Website or completing forms, including if you register as a user of the Website, upload or submit any material via the Website, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- Payment information, such as credit card information and billing address;
- In connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- Details of any transactions made by you through the Website;
- Communications you send to us, for example, to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding our products or the Website; and
- Information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Website for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with all or some of our Services.
We may, from time to time, run referral programs or similar initiatives, such as a “Tell a Friend” program, that invite you to provide us with the contact details of someone who is known to you who may find our Services to be of interest. We will only use those contact details for the purpose of the relevant initiative (and not for general marketing purposes). By providing us with their details, you confirm that you have their permission to do so, and you agree not to provide us with the details of anyone from whom you do not have such permission. We reserve the right to identify you as the person who has made the referral in the message that is sent to them.
When you visit the Website, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of Internet browser you use, any website from which you have come to the Website, your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the Internet) and your activities on the Website, all of which is automatically recognized by our web server. We do not use this information to identify you and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Website and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Cookies and Related Technologies
When you visit the Website, our web server sends a cookie to your computer. Cookies are small pieces of information that are issued to your computer when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the website. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Website and will last for longer.
- Remember that you have visited us before. This allows us to identify the number of unique visitors we receive and make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- Customize elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Website;
- Collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Website (including how long you spend on the Website) and where you have come to the Website from so that we can improve the Website and learn which parts of the Website are most popular with visitors;
- Gather information about the pages on the Website that you visit; and
- Remember your login session so you can move from one page to another within the Website.
ACCESS TO YOUR Personal Data
Third-Party Service Providers. We also use third-party service providers to provide some of the services to manage analytics and advertising. These service providers may use their own cookies, as well as related technologies such as pixel tags or tracking gifs, to provide their services, both on the Website and elsewhere on the Internet. These service providers include: Facebook and Instagram Ads. To learn more about Google’s advertising policies, see: policies.google.com/technologies/ads; your ad settings with Google, see: adssettings.google.com; and Google’s ad personalization, see: policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. To learn more about Facebook’s privacy practices, see facebook.com/policy.php; to opt-out of interest based advertising with Facebook, see http://www.aboutads.info/choices and http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. We do not share your personal data with strangers. Personal data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order either to make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
- Google Hosting*;
- Google Analytics*;
- Google Tag Manager;
- Facebook Pixel;
The purpose for using the above listed third parties is given in the paragraphs below. Please note that the service providers referenced by an asterisk (*) are more likely than others to transfer personal data to territories outside the EEA. We may need to transfer your personal information outside of the EEA to provide you with the services and products you require or as necessary for our legitimate interests. This will most likely occur when our third-party providers are based outside the EEA. We always strive to select third-party providers with appropriate safeguards in place in conformity with EU law to ensure the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
In particular, where it is anticipated that data may be transferred or processed outside the EEA, we strive to ensure that the relevant applicable Standard Contractual Clauses are in conformity with the European Commission’s decisions 2001/497/EC, 2004/915/EC and 2010/87/EC with regard to data transfers to controllers and processors outside the EEA. We further actively encourage users to refer to the privacy policies of the third parties with whom we interact and to seek advice whenever necessary.
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereafter “Google”).
Google places a cookie on your device. With this cookie, Google can collect information about how you use our website. This information is transmitted to a server in the US, where it is evaluated by Google and made available to us. The legal basis is Article 6 par. 1f GDPR, namely our legitimate interest in the evaluation and optimisation of our internet site.
We use Google Analytics with activated IP anonymisation. This means that your IP address will usually be shortened within the geographic scope of the GDPR so that the IP can no longer be traced back to you. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. The IP address provided by your browser will not be merged with other data provided by Google.
Google Tag Manager*
MailChimp allows us to analyse our advertising campaigns. Among other things, it can be determined whether a message has been opened and which links have been clicked. We also collect technical information (e.g. time of retrieval, IP address, browser type and operating system). This information cannot be assigned to the respective recipient. It is used exclusively for statistical analysis of campaigns. The results of these analyses can be used to adapt future campaigns to the interests of the recipients better.
Data processing is based on your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO) or our legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO) to improve our offers. You can revoke this consent at any time. The legality of the data processing operations that have already taken place remains unaffected by the revocation.
The data stored by you with us for the purpose of newsletter subscription will be stored by us until you unsubscribe from the newsletter and will be deleted both from our servers and from the servers of MailChimp after unsubscribing from the newsletter. Data stored by us for other purposes (e.g. e-mail addresses for the member area) remain unaffected by this.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
- Enable us to process your orders and to provide you with the services and information offered through the Website and which you request;
- Administer your account with us;
- Verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online;
- Audit the downloading of data from the Website;
- Enforce our Terms of Service and Conditions and other agreements
- Improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Website and customize them for users;
- Identify visitors to the Website;
- Carry out research on our users’ demographics and tracking of sales data; and
- Send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes.
We also may use the personal information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
How We Disclose Your Personal Information
We may disclose aggregate or anonymized statistics about visitors to the Website, customers and sales without limitation, including in order to describe our Services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the Services and our Website, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analyzing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
We will also send analytics to our retail partners but such analytics are aggregated and/or de-identified and will not contain any personally identifiable information about you without your consent.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, if necessary to enforce our agreements or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect YourPeriodCalled, the Website or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, your information may be part of the transferred assets.
The Website may, from time to time, make chat rooms, message boards, news groups and/or other public forums available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information. YourPeriodCalled cannot control how others may use publicly-available information.
Children Under the Age of 13
Protecting the safety of children when they use the Internet is very important to us. The Website is not directed to, and YPC does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us through the information set forth below.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personal information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Website whilst it is in transit over the Internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Storage of your Personal Information
Personal information that you submit via the Website is sent to and stored on our servers. This is necessary in order to process the personal information. Personal information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above (see “How We Disclose your Personal Information”), which may be situated outside the United States.
We offer you the following choices about the personal information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
- Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Website, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website.
- Marketing Communications. You can tell us not to contact you with information regarding our Services, either at the point such information is collected on the Website (by checking or un-checking, as directed, the relevant box) or, where you do not wish us to continue to use your information in this way, by following the unsubscribe instructions on any communications sent to you. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the details in the “Contact Us” section at the end of this Policy. Note however that you cannot opt-out of some administrative communications that are reasonably necessary to our services, such as billing or service notifications.
- Targeted Advertising. You may also opt-out of certain targeted advertising by visiting: https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 or http://www.aboutads.info/choices. Additionally, please review the disclosure above for more information about our third-party service providers and their privacy practices. Your mobile device may have ways to opt out of certain interest-based advertising practices if you review your device’s “Settings” options.
Please submit any questions, concerns or comments you have about this Policy or any requests concerning your personal data by email to email@example.com.